An Intervention Study in Participants With Mild to Moderate COVID-19 Illness
Official Title: A Study of LY3819253 (LY-CoV555) in Participants With Mild to Moderate COVID-19 Illness (BLAZE-1)
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a study drug in patients with mild to moderate COVID-19 illness.
The study drug, LY3819253, is being compared to a placebo, which looks just like the study drug but does not contain active medication. Participants will be randomly selected to receive the placebo or one of three doses of the study drug (700 mg, 2,800 mg, or 7,000 mg of the study drug). An optional fourth dose may also be added.
You may be eligible for this study if:
• You are at least 18 years of age
• You are not currently hospitalized
• You have one or more of the following symptoms:
o Sore throat
o Malaise (feeling unwell without an exact cause)
o Muscle pain
o Gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms, or
o Shortness of breath
• You share your positive COVID-19 test results that was taken no more than 3 days before starting the drug infusion
• You are a man or non-pregnant woman
• You agree with the collection of nasopharyngeal swabs (a swab that goes into your nostril) and blood samples