This study is intended to evaluate the effects of a drink supplement on heart function and health in healthy adults after consuming a ketone ester (KE) supplement drink compared to a placebo drink.
You will undergo an MRI exam for this study. You will also receive six blood draws in total, from an IV catheter set at the beginning of the study.
The duration of this study will comprise a single visit and will last no longer than 4 hours.
- Able to comply with study requirements as well as pre-test requirements
- BMI between 18 and 30 kg/m2
- Body weight > 150lbs
Evidence of any physical, mental, and/or medical conditions that would make the proposed studies relatively more hazardous including:
- Allergies to components in the test products, including milk protein, and not lactose intolerant
- History of alcoholism (previous 2 years)
- Taking prescriptive medications or over-the-counter (OTC) medications (other than those taken as nutritional supplements for non-therapeutic indications)
- Current smoker
- Contraindications to MRI including cardiac pacemaker or defibrillator, brain aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, the presence of any magnetic metal in the body or claustrophobia
Exclusion Criteria varies, please contact Study Coordinator for more information.