Official TitleAddressing the double jeopardy of stress and hypertension among African American female caregivers of persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (R21)
The purpose of this study is to determine the feasibility of a group delivered intervention for stress and blood pressure in African American women caregivers.
Could this study be right for you?
- Diagnosis of HTN treated with an antihypertensive medication or risk of HTN that includes obesity and high cholesterol
- Age 40 and older
- A caregiver rating of the PLWD of 2 or greater on the Alzheimer’s Dementia-8 scale
- Caregiver provides unpaid care to a PLWD at least 10 hours per week or assists with at least one instrumental activity of daily living
- Self-identifies as Black/African American
- English speaking
- Access to a telecommunications device such as the internet via desktop, laptop/tablet, smartphone, or telephone
40 and up