Nicotine Treatment for Pulmonary Sarcoidosis
Official Title: Nicotine Treatment for Pulmonary Sarcoidosis
The purpose of this study is to determine if nicotine treatment is beneficial for the treatment of sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis is a disease of unknown cause that leads to inflammation affecting the body's organs..
- 18 Years to 75 Years
- Sarcoidosis, diagnosed at least 2 months before screening
- Must be on a stable treatment regiment for sarcoidosis for a least one month prior to enrollment in study OR on no treatment for the condition
- Active tobacco smoking or use of smokeless tobacco products containing nicotine,
- Active cardiac or central nervous system disease,
- Recent treatment (within 3 months) with an anti-TNFalpha therapy.