A Medication Study for Schizophrenia
Official Title: Clinical Trial Evaluating the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Cariprazine in a Dose-Reduction Paradigm in the Prevention of Relapse in Patients With Schizophrenia
The purpose of this study is to look into the safety and efficacy of cariprazine in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Cariprazine is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and currently licensed in the USA for the acute treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar I disorder and schizophrenia.
You may be eligible for this study if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 -64
- Diagnosis of schizophrenia for a minimum of 1 year
- Meet all additional study criteria that will be reviewed by the study doctor
- Have another psychiatric disorder other than schizophrenia
- Take any illegal substances