A Study for Those with Hip Pain from GTPS
Official Title: Load modification versus standard exercise to inform treatment for individuals with greater trochanteric pain syndrome
The purpose of this study is to compare the effects of two different physical therapy programs on pain and function in individuals diagnosed with greater trochanteric pain syndrome (GTPS) (also known as lateral hip pain).
You may be eligible if:
- Must have an appointment with one of the following physicians at the Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute: Drs. Kendra McCamey, Bryant Walrod, W. Kelton Vasileff, or John Ryan
- Between the ages of 18 to 70.
- Hip pain diagnosed as greater trochanteric pain syndrome (GTPS) by a physician
- Have not received physical therapy or injections for the painful hip within 3 months
- Have not had surgery to the spine, pelvis, hip, knee, or ankle within 6 months
Stephanie Di Stasi