The purpose of this study is to explore the tear lipid layer thickness changes in participants while wearing and not wearing a scleral lens.
- Age – 18 or older
- Good general health (defined by medication use that has not changed within the last month and the absence of medical conditions or treatments that are deemed confounding to the data as determined by the PI)
- Ability to give informed consent
- Willing to spend time for the study
- Willing to wear a scleral contact lens during the study visit
- Either gender
- Any racial or ethnic origin
Habitual contact lens wearers must refrain from lens wear the day of the study visit. Artificial tears must not be used for two days before the screening visit and data collection visit.
- Active ocular inflammation
- Use of any ocular prescription medication (such as but not limited to, glaucoma medications, anti-inflammatory eye drops and Restasis or Xiidra) used within 14 days of the screening visit or started prior to the measurement visit(s).
- Currently having punctal plugs inserted in lacrimal puncta
Exclusion Criteria varies, please contact Study Coordinator.