The purpose of this study is to examine why some people have better lung function than others as young adults during the period of peak lung health (ages 25 to 35 years old). The long-term goal of this study is to come up with ideas about how to promote the best possible lung function in young adults.
Participation in this study will be 4.5 years.
• Men and women aged 25-35 years old at time of examination
• Able to read and understand English or Spanish
• Have a social security number
• Severe asthma or other chronic lung disease
• Diagnosed cardiovascular disease
• History of cancer other than non-melanoma skin cancer
• Currently pregnant