Buckeye Concussion Knowledge Survey (BUCKS)Official TitleBUckeye Concussion Knowledge Survey (BUCKS)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to examine health outcomes in former Ohio State University athletes who played a varsity sport during their time at OSU. The objective is to determine whether athletes who sustained a concussion have different health outcomes than those who did not sustain a concussion. Any former OSU varsity athlete can participate in a 20-minute online survey.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 years and up
- Anyone who has played a varsity sport as an undergraduate student at OSU, and they have now graduated (i.e., OSU athlete alumni). There are no other restrictions in terms of age, sex/gender, type of sport, etc.
A Study about Retirement from Contact Sports after ConcussionOfficial TitleRetirement from Contact Sports after ConcussionPurpose
The purpose of this study is to understand the experiences of children and young adults after medical retirement from contact sports due to concussion(s).
Participants and their parent(s) will complete online questionnaires (about 10 minutes) at the time of enrollment. You will then be scheduled for an interview (about 30 minutes) by video meeting or phone.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range14 - 22 years
- Children and young adults who have retired from contact sports or other high-risk activities (i.e. dirt bike riding, downhill skiing...) due to prior concussion.
- Parents may participate if their child enrolls.
A Study about Blood Pressure Management in Patients with Primary AldosteronismOfficial TitleA Multicenter, Open-Label Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Effectiveness of CIN-107 for the Management of Blood Pressure in Patients with Primary AldosteronismPurpose
The purpose of this study is to see how the study drug CIN-107 works in managing blood pressure in patients with primary aldosteronism (PA), a hormone disorder which causes your body to produce too much of the hormone aldosterone.
The duration of this study is 74 weeks.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 and up
- Diagnosis of primary aldosteronism (PA)
- Taking an MRA to control BP, such as Spironolactone or Eplerenone, or not yet taking an MRA
A Study about Peer Interactions Among College StudentsOfficial TitleStudying Peer Interactions Among College StudentsPurpose
The purpose of this study will be to examine the social interactions and behaviors of college students in a virtual format across universities.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 and up
- Must be enrolled as a student at Ohio State University (full-time or part-time) at time of study - can be undergraduate, graduate, or non-degree seeking
A Study about Movement Videos to Identify Developmental Abnormalities in InfantsOfficial TitleThe 5000 Baby ProjectPurpose
The purpose of this study is to develop a screening tool to be used at birth to help lower the age at diagnosis of various developmental disorders.
Your infant will lie on their back in their diaper and have a video recorded of their movements. You will be given a medical history questionnaire to fill out during the recording. The visit typically lasts 15-20 minutes.Could this study be right for you?
- Any infants from birth - 6 months (corrected age if applicable)
- Parent/legal guardian present and willing to provide informed consent
- Parent/Legal guardian is English Speaking
Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus During PregnancyOfficial TitleSafety, Tolerability, and Outcomes of Velpatasvir/SofosbuviR in Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus during Pregnancy (STORC), pregnant womanPurpose
This study involves evaluating a medication for hepatitis C in pregnant women.
If you are a pregnant woman with chronic hepatitis C and you join the study, you are consenting to enroll yourself and your baby after he/she is born.
Maternal participants will have 7 visits over approximately 7 months. Infant participants have four visits over approximately the first year of life.Could this study be right for you?
(This is not a complete list)
- Must be 18 - 45 years of age
- Chronic HCV infection of at least 6 months
- Singleton pregnancy at 20 + 0 to 30 + 0 weeks’ gestation
- Documented negative Hepatitis B testing for current infection (negative HBsAg test) prior to enrollment
- If living with HIV, must be on antiretroviral therapy
Exclusion Criteria (not a complete list)
- Plans to relocate away from the study site area in the next 16 months and unable/unwilling to return for study visits
- History of cirrhosis
- Known fetal chromosomal abnormality prior to enrollmentAge Range18 - 45
A Study to Learn More about Cellphone Use in Young DriversOfficial TitleRandomized Trial on Mobile Technology and Young Drivers' Cellphone UsePurpose
The purpose of this study is to find out if a cell phone app affects driving behavior among young drivers. This information may help us develop public health and traffic safety strategies for young drivers.
** The phone number listed under contact information is a landline only and does NOT accept texts **Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 - 24
- 18-24 years old at the time of recruitment
- Must have full Ohio driver's license
- Must have ownership and exclusive access to a car
- Must have car insurance with at least state-minimum coverage
- Must live in the Greater Columbus Metropolitan Area
- Must drive at least 3-4 days a week on average
- Must have functioning iPhone or Android smartphone with an active phone service account (Ex: Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Must not have a physical car insurance monitoring device or app installed
- Must speak and read English
Blood Pressure Health for Black/African American Women CaregiversOfficial TitleAddressing the double jeopardy of stress and hypertension among African American female caregivers of persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (R21)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to determine the feasibility of a group delivered intervention for stress and blood pressure in African American women caregivers.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range40 and up
- Diagnosis of HTN treated with an antihypertensive medication or risk of HTN that includes obesity and high cholesterol
- Age 40 and older
- A caregiver rating of the PLWD of 2 or greater on the Alzheimer’s Dementia-8 scale
- Caregiver provides unpaid care to a PLWD at least 10 hours per week or assists with at least one instrumental activity of daily living
- Self-identifies as Black/African American
- English speaking
- Access to a telecommunications device such as the internet via desktop, laptop/tablet, smartphone, or telephone
Ohio Teen Driver StudyOfficial TitleLeveraging DRVN driver training app to reduce risky driving intentions in novice teen driversPurpose
The purpose of this study is to see if the bonus safety messages and the amount of app use predicts safe driving attitudes and behaviors at licensure. We are recruiting Ohio teens with learner's permits to use a free driver training app called DRVN.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range15 - 17
- Must have learner's permit to drive in Ohio
Vestibular Research StudyOfficial TitleLinking Vestibular Function, Balance, and FallsPurpose
The purpose of this study is to learn how information from different sensory systems, including the vestibular system (that portion of the inner ear which measures both motion and orientation of the head), are used by the brain to contribute to perceptions of tilt and motion, and balance control and posture.Could this study be right for you?
You may be eligible to participate in the study if you:
- Are male or female, 18 years of age through 39 years of age
- Have NO history of a balance or vestibular disorder
If you are eligible and enroll in the study, you will:
Age Range18 - 39
- Complete an on-line Health Screen Questionnaire
- Complete other on-line surveys/questionnaires depending on information provided in the Health Screen Questionnaire
- Complete vestibular and balance testing depending on information provided in the Health Screen Questionnaire, which will be performed in a vestibular research laboratory at a mutually convenient time
A Study about Eye Teaming, Focusing Ability and Quality of LifeOfficial TitleDevelopment of Patient-Reported Outcome Measures for Children with Concussion-Related and Non-Concussion-Related Non-Strabismic Binocular Vision, Accommodative and Visual Tracking Problems: Phase 1Purpose
The purpose of this study is to assist in development of a new quality of life survey that can be used to learn more about how eye teaming, focusing ability and eye movement problems affect a child’s life.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range8 - 17 years
- Children experiencing eye teaming, focusing, and eye movement problems (with recent concussion or non-concussed)
- Children with amblyopia (lazy eye) are excluded
A Study about Booster Seat ComfortOfficial TitleBooster Features that Influence Pediatric Posture and Comfort During Extended Time PeriodsPurpose
The purpose of this study is to determine how specific booster seat features, including seat pan geometry (booster height and length) and the inclusion of armrests, influence occupant comfort in belt-positioning booster seats (BPBs). This will be achieved through an analysis of comfort quantification methods and occupant posture and behavior under different booster conditions.
The duration of this study is two hours long.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range5 - 12
- Must be able to sit for 30 minutes at a time
- No allergy to athletic tape