Official TitleA Phase 3, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Efficacy and Safety Study of Povorcitinib (INCB054707) in Participants With Moderate to Severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of povorcitinib.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 years and up
- Subject must have a diagnosis of hidradenitis suppurativa for at least 3 months prior to study visit
- Subject must have at least 5 active HS spots in 2 different body areas
- Subject must have tried an oral or injected medication for HS with little to no improvement
- Subject must be in good general health with no history of tuberculosis, heart disease, cancer, HIV, hepatitis B or C, or blood clots
- Female subjects must not be pregnant, breastfeeding, or considering becoming pregnant for the duration of the study
Official TitleTwo Birds with One Stone: Impact of A Low Glycemic Index Diet on Postprandial Hypotension and Glucose Metabolism in Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury (FIP)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of a short-term low glycemic index diet on blood pressure and blood sugar control after eating.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 - 65 years
- Adults aged 18-65 years old
- Chronic spinal cord injury
- Level of injury between C4 and L2
Official TitleNeurodevelopmental Mechanisms Underlying the Onset of Depression among At-Risk Youth: The Role of Dysregulation in the Negative Valence SystemPurpose
The purpose of this study is to test whether changes in the way in which we react and respond to emotional or stressful information represent a risk factor for depression in kids of mothers with and without depression. Findings from the study have the potential to decrease the high rates of depression observed in children of depressed mothers.Could this study be right for you?
You may be eligible for this study if:
- You are 18-65 years old and female.
- You have a biological child who is between 9 and 14 years of age.
Official TitleA Multi-Actor Examination of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM)Purpose
This study aims to examine the experience of people who have been diagnosed or are currently living with gestational diabetes, including how they manage and make sense of their diagnosis.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 years and up
- Aged 18 years or older
- Must live in the state of Ohio
- Must be currently pregnant and have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes OR must have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes during a recent pregnancy (within the last 12 months)
Official TitleUncertainty and Firearms: Obtaining Secure Storage (UFOS)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to examine whether fear of uncertainty plays a role in home safety practices among firearm owners who are currently or have recently served in the U.S. military.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 - 99 years
- Currently serving in any Branch or Component of the U.S. military, or were discharged from the U.S. military within the past 90 days
- 18 years or older
- Own at least one firearm located in your home or vehicle
- Are able to speak and understand the English language
- Have an Apple or Android smartphone
Official TitleE-PROOF: E-intervention for Protein Intake and Resistance Training to Optimize FunctionPurpose
Our team is looking to improve the health of older cancer survivors after they have completed cancer treatment. Specifically, this 12-week study looks to improve older cancer survivors' physical function and related health outcomes (muscle strength, dietary quality, health-related quality of life, self-efficacy, weight management).Could this study be right for you?
-History of stage I-III breast, colorectal, and prostate cancer
-Completion of curative treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, surgery)
-Have an email addressAge Range65 years and up
Official TitleMiSight® 1 Day Post-Approval Study for Effectiveness and Visual SymptomsPurpose
The purpose of this study is to evaluate if FDA approved contact lenses can reduce the progression of nearsightedness in children. Children who participate in this 4-year study will be asked to wear the study provided contact lenses at least 6 days a week and be willing to attend visits at The OSU College of Optometry one month after starting treatment and every six months thereafter. Visits will include a comprehensive eye exam and contact lens fitting at no cost.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range8 - 12 years
- Children ages 8 to 12 years old.
- No previous medication or contact lenses related to myopia control.
- Glasses and/or contact lens prescription between -0.75 and -4.00 diopters.
- Satisfy all other study eligibility criteria.
Official TitleExaStim Upper Limb Pivotal Clinical Validation StudyPurpose
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of ExaStim® transcutaneous spinal stimulation on upper extremity function when applied in combination with physical therapy (PT) and/or occupational therapy (OT).
Participants will be randomized to the stimulation group or a control group. Outcomes will include sensory, motor, and functional tests, as well as questionnaires.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range22 years and up
- Aged 22 years or older
- Traumatic chronic spinal cord injury
- Level of injury between C2-T2
- No active implanted medical device for electrical stimulation
- No Botox for 3 months
- Have a chronic, traumatic SCI (chronic is >12 months since injury, or 6 months if unchanged symptoms)
- Has some, but limited upper extremity function
- BMI <40
- Cannot be pregnant
Official TitleTreatment of Stress and Anxiety in mild cognitive impairment (MCI)/Mild Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias (ADRD) and their care partners: A Randomized Controlled TrialPurpose
The purpose of this study is to assess the impact of a treatment on anxiety and stress in individuals with memory concerns and those already with a diagnosis of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI), Mild Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias.Could this study be right for you?
The primary participant must:
· Be at least 60 years of age
· Have a “care-partner” that is willing to participate in the full program (such as a spouse, child or a good friend)
· NOT have a terminal illness or severe motor impairment
· Be able to use a computer and smartphone and read English at the 6th grade level
The care partner must:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Be able to use a computer and smartphone and read English at the 6th grade levelAge Range60 - 99 years
Official TitleHelp-Seeking Behaviors and Service Use for Mental Health in East Asian American Informal Caregivers of Persons Living with DementiaPurpose
This study aims to explore how East Asian American caregivers of persons with dementia seek help and use services for their own mental health from their surroundings in order to reduce stress, anxiety, sadness, and any other negative thoughts and feelings.Could this study be right for you?
We will include individuals who are:
1) primary, informal, and unpaid caregivers of persons living with dementia,
2) 18 years or older,
3) self-identifying as East Asian Americans (e.g., Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Mongolian, Tibetan, and Taiwanese),
4) immigrants (i.e., first-generation) or children of the first-generation East Asian Americans (i.e., second-generation),
5) fluent in English, and
6) willing to participate.Age Range18 - 99 years
Official TitleIdentification of novel immunogenic proteins from Bordetella pertussisPurpose
The purpose of this study is to identify new targets to include in a next generation for pertussis (whooping cough). Our goal is to identify new antigens that generate better immune responses against Bordetella pertussis.
You will be in the study for one day when you provide the blood sample.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range25 - 40 years
- 25-40 years old and do not have diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, auto-immune disease
- Not taking any steroid medications
- Not pregnant
- Know your immunization history
- One time visit
- Healthy Volunteer
Official TitleThe BE FIT Study: Feasibility of an Exercise Intervention on Microbiome and Immune Function
in a High-Risk Cohort for Lung Cancer
The purpose of the study is to examine the effects of exercise on long-term smokers in reducing lung cancer risk.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range55 - 77 years
- Males and females aged 55 to 77 years old
- Current or former smokers with a 20-pack year smoking history (equals 1 pack a day for 20 years, 2 packs a day for 15 years, etc) and smoked within the last 15 years
- Sedentary Lifestyle: fewer than 60 minutes of participation in moderate intensity physical activity each
- Health Status: participants must be free of severe heart, respiratory (e.g. COPD), or systemic disease that would make moderate intensity exercise participation unsafe
- Not currently undergoing cancer treatment
- Not currently taking Immunosuppressants, bisphosphonates, steroids, or probiotics
- No plan to change smoking status