Official TitleMulticenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of 36 Weeks of Treatment with NLY01 in Early-stage Parkinson’s DiseasePurpose
This research is studying a new drug, NLY01, in a large number of persons to learn about its effects in people with early-stage Parkinson’s disease (PD). Researchers want to know whether NLY01 helps lessen symptoms and signs of early PD, as well as slow the progression of the disease.
You will have a 2 in 3 chance of receiving NLY01 and a 1 in 3 chance of receiving a placebo, sterile salt water that looks like NLY01 but does not contain the study drug.
The total amount of time for you to be in the study will be approximately 45 to 54 weeks.Could this study be right for you?
- Man or woman, at least 30 to 80 years old
- Have early-stage Parkinson's disease
- Not be on any current treatments for PD
- If of reproductive potential, willing and able to use a highly effective form of birth control during the study and for 30 days following last dose of study material
* Other criteria for eligibility apply
- Diagnosis of secondary or atypical parkinsonism
- Onset of any parkinsonian motor sign or symptom >5 years before Screening Visit
- Previous surgical procedure for PD
- Clinically significant medical, surgical, psychiatric, or laboratory abnormality
- Has an ECG or clinical evidence of potentially unstable heart disease
- Medical or recreational use of marijuana or THC-containing compounds within 3 months of the Screening Visit
* Other criteria for exclusion applyAge Range30 and up
Official TitleA PHASE 3, DOUBLE-BLIND, RANDOMIZED, PLACEBO-CONTROLLED, PARALLEL-GROUP, 27-WEEK TRIAL TO EVALUATE THE EFFICACY, SAFETY, AND TOLERABILITY OF TWO FIXED DOSES OF TAVAPADON IN EARLY PARKINSON’S DISEASE (TEMPO-1 TRIAL)Purpose
The main purpose of this study is to learn how well tavapadon (the study drug) works as a possible treatment for Parkinson’s disease and how safe the study drug is. The target dose range of tavapadon being studied is 5 to 15 mg once daily.
If you choose to participate in this study, you may receive the study drug, or you may receive placebo. A placebo is an inactive material, such as a sugar pill, that looks like the study drug but does not contain any active study drug. Researchers use a placebo to see if the study drug works better or is safer than taking nothing.
You will be in this study for approximately 35 weeks, which includes a screening visit and safety follow up, and you will need to come to the study center at least 11 times over this period.Could this study be right for you?
You may be eligible if you:
• Are Between the ages of 40 to 80 years
• Are willing to practice effective birth control, or remain abstinent during the trial and for 4 weeks after the last dose of trial if you are a sexually active man or woman of childbearing potential
• Were diagnosed more than 3 years ago
• Willing and able to not use any PD medications that are not permitted by the protocol (including dopaminergic agents) throughout participation in the trial.
You will be excluded if you:
• Have a history or clinical features consistent with essential tremor, atypical or secondary parkinsonian syndrome (including, but not limited to, progressive supranuclear palsy, multiple system atrophy, cortico-basal degeneration, or drug-induced or post-stroke parkinsonism).
• Have had previous surgical intervention (eg, deep brain stimulation) for PD or for whom such a procedure is planned or anticipated during the trial period.
• Have hypertension.
• Have previously participated in any tavapadon trial, including this trial, and received IMP.
• Have received treatment with any other investigational drug within 60 days before signing the ICF.Age Range40 and up
Official TitleA Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Operationally Seamless, Adaptive Phase 2/3 Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Baricitinib in Adult Patients with Severe or Very Severe Alopecia Areata (JAHO)Purpose
The main reason for you to take part in this study is not to treat you for your condition but to help in answering the following research questions:
• Whether baricitinib is better than placebo in the treatment of patients with severe alopecia areata (AA)
• The safety of baricitinib and any side effects you may have when you take it.Could this study be right for you?
- Are at least 18 years and ≤60 years for males (≤70 years of age for females) at
the time of informed consent
- Are able to read, understand, and give documented (electronic or paper
signature) informed consent
- Current AA episode of more than 6 months’ duration and hair loss
encompassing ≥50% of the scalp
- No spontaneous improvement over the past 6 monthsAge Range18 and up
Official TitleA Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Brexpiprazole as Adjunctive Therapy in the Maintenance Treatment of Adults with Major Depressive DisorderPurpose
Brexpiprazole is a medication being studied as a possible treatment for adjunctive treatment for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). The reason for this study is to find out about the potential benefits and safety of Brexpiprazole.Could this study be right for you?
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Currently depressed
- Currently taking an antidepressant
- Have tried at least 2 antidepressant medicationsAge Range18 and up
Official TitleA Randomized Trial of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) for Sleep Apnea in Pregnancy (SLEEP)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to understand how Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
for mild to moderate sleep apnea may affect hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and other
complications of pregnancy such as gestational diabetes.Could this study be right for you?
1. No prior delivery at or after 20 weeks 0 days of gestation
2. Pregnancy with only one fetus
3. Gestational age at randomization between 14 weeks 0 days and 21 weeks 6 days
4. Diagnosis with mild to moderate OSA as defined by an AHI score ≥ 5 and <30Age Range18 and up
Official TitleEvaluating E-Cigarette Nicotine Form, Concentration, and Flavor Among YouthPurpose
The purpose of this study is to examine the influence of nicotine form, concentration, and e-liquid flavor on youth vaping as well as the heart and lung effects associated with this behavior. You will be asked to attend 9 vaping sessions at The Ohio State University.
Your participation in this study will last up to 6 months.Could this study be right for you?
• Male or females aged 21-25 years old
• Current E-Cigarette user
• Able to attend 9 vaping sessions at The Ohio State UniversityAge Range21 and up
Official TitleThe influence of receiving real-time visual feedback on breathing during treadmill running to exhaustionPurpose
The purpose of this research is to assess if receiving real-time visual feedback on your breathing pattern during a run has any influence on time to exhaustion.
The feedback will be provided through animations on a screen placed in front of the treadmill that open and close as the chest and abdomen expand and contract. Research has shown that you want the chest and abdomen to expand and contract at the same time to achieve the most efficient breathing possible, meaning you will want the animations to open and close at the same time.
The ultimate objective is to see if this feedback allowed the participant to last longer until reaching their exhaustion point.Could this study be right for you?
- Healthy adults who run 5 to 20 miles per week
- Have NOT been injured while running in the past six months
- Have NOT been medically diagnosed with breathing deficiencies
- must be age 18 or older
Those who are interested in participating will be directed to complete a survey, found at go.osu.edu/RunningAndBreathing, to ensure that they meet the previously mentioned criteria.Age Range18 and up
Official TitleA5359; A Phase III Study to Evaluate Long-Acting Antiretroviral Therapy in Non-adherent HIV-Infected IndividualsPurpose
This study is investigating if Long-Acting (LA) Injectable HIV-medications will be more successful for people who are non-adherent to their HIV medications than oral standard of care regimens. To be eligible to receive LA ART, participants will need to attain virologic suppression through adherence to an oral regimen first.Could this study be right for you?
• Be between 18 - 75 years of age
• Previously prescribed ART for at least 6 months
• Screening HIV RNA is greater than 200 copies
• Women must not be pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding. Women who can become pregnant must agree to use 1 form of effective birth control
• Evidence of non-adherence to previous HIV medicationsAge Range18 and up
Official TitleRelationship Dynamics in Families of Children with ADHD and Their Opposite-Sex SiblingsPurpose
This study is being done to better understand relationship dynamics between children with ADHD, their siblings, and their parents. Our goal is to better understand how differences in family dynamics affect children with ADHD. Participants will be asked to fill out several self-report questionnaires and engage in a family conflict task. During several tasks, participants will have various physiological measures (e.g., heart rate, breathing rate, etc.) taken using electrodes placed on their body. Results of this study will be used to develop other studies and to inform future treatment and prevention programs.Could this study be right for you?
We are recruiting children between 8 and 10 years old with an opposite sex sibling. In order to participate, families must meet the following criteria:
• Mothers must be willing to participate,
• They must have a child between ages 8 and 10, and
• That child must have a sibling of the opposite sex that is within 2 years of their ageAge Range6 and up
Official TitleExploring the Connectivity and Functional Organization of the Human BrainPurpose
The purpose of the study is to investigate how different parts of the brain are wired together and how they interact to form complex human behavior, and how our brain’s design makes each of us unique individuals.
Different types of imaging methods - functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI ) and diffusion weighted imaging (DWI), imaging methods that use a strong magnetic field and radio waves to make pictures of your body, will be used to gather information from participants. No X-rays or other radiation is used in fMRI or DWI. Eye movements may be tracked as well, and you will be asked to respond to various conditions, questions, and stimuli.Could this study be right for you?
- Must be between 18-45 years of ageAge Range18 and up
Official TitleStudy to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Once-Weekly Oral NBI-1065846 in the Treatment of Anhedonia in MDD (TERPSIS)Purpose
To evaluate the efficacy and safety of study drug NBI-1065846, used as adjunctive treatment to oral antidepressant medication(s), compared with a placebo when treating symptoms of anhedonia.Could this study be right for you?
• Aged 18-65 years old
• Diagnosis of MDD
• Currently on stable dose of at least one antidepressant
• Experiencing anhedonia (low interest, decreased enjoyment)Age Range18 and up
Official TitleRandomized Proof-of-Concept Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Explore the Effectiveness of a Plant Polyphenol for COVID-19Purpose
The purpose of this trial is to determine whether a commercially available dietary supplement may decrease the severity of patients with early COVID-19Could this study be right for you?
- Outpatients who test positive for infection with SARS-CoV-2
- Age 45 years and older
- Experiencing COVID 19 symptoms for 7 days or less,
OR 72 hours of new respiratory symptoms
- Patient must have access to the internet or a smartphone to complete surveys
- English-speaking patientsAge Range45 and up