Official TitleAtRial Cardiopathy and Antithrombotic Drugs In prevention After cryptogenic stroke (ARCADIA)Purpose
The purpose of this research study is to compare the effects (good and bad) of apixaban with the effects (good and bad) of aspirin in patients with unexplained strokes and atrial cardiopathy to see which is better at prevention of future strokes.Could this study be right for you?
- You are at least 45 years old
- Clinical diagnosis of ischemic stroke* of unknown cause (ESUS or cryptogenic) in the last 120 days
- Underwent an echocardiogram as part of your stroke work up
- No history of atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat)
- No known allergy or intolerance to aspirin or apixaban
*An “ischemic” stroke is an injury to the brain caused by a blocked blood vessel supplying the brain.Age Range45 and up
Official TitleStrategies for the Development of Social Cognitive Training for Impulsive Aggression (Brain Exercise Study or BES).Purpose
The purpose of this study is to see if brain exercise done on the computer can reduce aggression in those with “anger issues”. The study is a six-week clinical trial using selected brain exercises versus other computer-based exercises.Could this study be right for you?
- Medically healthy man or woman - You are between 21 and 55 years of age - With a current history of “anger issues” - You have regular access to a computer and a smart phoneAge Range21 and up
Official TitleA STUDY TO EVALUATE THE SAFETY AND EFFICACY OF THE MATERNA PREP DEVICE IN REDUCING PELVIC MUSCLE INJURIES DURING VAGINAL DELIVERYPurpose
This study is designed to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the Materna Prep Device in reducing pelvic muscle injuries during vaginal delivery.Could this study be right for you?
You may be eligible for this study if you:
1. Are scheduled for vaginal birth.
2. Are pregnant with a single fetus.
3. Haven't given birth previously, or had a previous pregnancy terminated within 24 weeks gestation.
4. Are willing to comply with the protocol required follow-up visits.
5. Are able and willing to provide written informed consent prior to enrollment.
6. Are 18 years of age or older at time of consent.
You will be ineligible for this study if you:
1. Have a high likelihood of less than 1 hour of potential device dilation time after you arrive at the hospital.
2. Have a need for or is planning a Caesarean-section.
3. Begin labor with less than 36 weeks gestation.
4. Have a neurological disorder that could cause pelvic floor dysfunction, such as multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injury
5. Have a collagen-associated disorder that affects tissue elasticity, such as scleroderma or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
6. Have a localized (genital tract) or systemic infection.
7. Have had prior surgical procedures to the vaginal anatomy which could lead to pelvic floor dysfunction, such as pelvic fractures or pelvic soft tissue injuries
8. Have any general health condition or systemic disease that may represent, in the opinion of the investigator, a potential increased risk associated with device use or pregnancy.
9. Have placenta previa or vasa previa.
10. Have a known significant chromosomal or structural fetal anomalies.
11. Have a category 2 and/or 3 fetal tracing that is unresolved.Age Range18 and up
Official TitleThe Emerging Adulthood Health ProjectPurpose
Researchers at The Ohio State University are looking for teens and young adults to participate in an online research study aimed at better understanding people’s health behaviors and attitudes. Participation involves a 10-15 minute baseline survey and three 5-10 minute follow-up surveys. Links to these surveys would be emailed to you.Could this study be right for you?
- You are a teen or young adult - Have access to smart device or computer with internet to be able to complete surveys
Official TitleParental History of Suicidal Behavior and Early Markers of Risk in Pre-pubescent YouthPurpose
The purpose of this study is to learn what factors may be related to suicide attempt(s) in children (ages 6 - 9) that have a parental history of suicidal behavior in hopes that this information will help prevent and treat self-harm behavior in youth at high risk.
Both parents and children will complete questionnaires, interview questions, and a family discussion in addition to problem solving tasks and computer games.
There are multiple study visits. The first will last about 2.5 to 3 hours and all other appointments will occur annually from your first appointment. Due to COVID-19, families will have the option to conduct annual follow-up appointments via telephone. These annual telephone visits will last approximately 30-45 minutes. If the annual visit is conducted in-person, it will last 1.5 to 2.5 hours.Could this study be right for you?
- Parents and children must be able to read and understand English fluently
- Child is 6 to 9 years of age
- Meet other criteria (e.g., no traumatic brain injury) for the studyAge Range6 and up
Official TitleThe Ohio State Lupus, Vasculitis and Glomerulonephritis RegistryPurpose
The purpose of the OSU Lupus and Vasculitis Registry is to obtain clinical and laboratory information about lupus and vasculitis and glomerulonephritis.Could this study be right for you?
Patients at the Ohio State University Rheumatology and Lupus Clinic with one of the following diagnoses who are ages 18 years of age and older:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Discoid lupus
- Mixed connective tissue disorder
- Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder
- Wegener’s granulomatosus
- Microscopic polyangiitis
- Henoch-Schonlien Purpura
- Takayasu’s arteritis
- Giant cell/temporal arteritis
- Churg-Strauss vasculitis
- Other vasculitides
- IgA nephropathy
- Anti-GBM GN
- Membranous GN
- Minimal Change Disease
- Focal Segmental GlomerulosclerosisAge Range18 and up
Official TitleA Phase 3, Double-Blind, Randomized, Long-Term, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of Obeticholic Acid in Subjects with Nonalcoholic SteatohepatitisPurpose
This research study is for those who have nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) (meaning your liver is swollen and damaged because of a buildup of fat in your liver) and some liver fibrosis (which is damaged and scarred liver tissue). Because of your condition, you may be eligible for a research study on an investigational drug for your condition. The Regenerate Study will assess the safety and effectiveness of the investigational medication obeticholic acid (OCA) compared to placebo in delaying specific medical conditions or health related issues that can occur in patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) (meaning your liver is swollen and damaged because of a buildup of fat in your liver) and some liver fibrosis (which is damaged and scarred liver tissue).Could this study be right for you?
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosed with Stage 2 or 3 NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis--meaning your liver is swollen and damaged because of a buildup of fat in your liver) and some liver fibrosis (which is damaged and scarred liver tissue).
If you are eligible and decide to take part in this research study, you will need to complete 1 or 2 screening visits to see if you are eligible to participate in the study. Once the study doctor determines you can participate in the study, you will be asked to come back to the clinic 8 times (for the Month 0 [Day 1] Visit, the Month 1 Visit, the Month 3 Visit, and then every 3 months) for the first 18 months you are in the study and then 2 times per year (every 6 months) for each additional year you are in the study.Age Range18 and up
Official TitleThe Spine Phenome ProjectPurpose
This study is designed to capture information about your spine. We will collect information from wearable sensors while you move your low back and neck. We will also collect a series of questionnaires and information from your medical record that related to your spine health. We want to compare the health history and motion capabilities of participants with healthy spines to participants with back and neck pain disorders. We believe that capturing and analyzing this information together will advance our understanding of low back and neck disorders and help develop healthcare applications, tools, or devices that improve the way we prevent, evaluate, and treat spine disorders. You will complete up to 8 visits and participate in the study for up to 5 years.Could this study be right for you?
To participate, you must meet the following criteria: -Age 18-80 -Able to speak, read, and understand English -Able to stand for 20 minutes Please let us know if you have any of the following as you may not be eligible to participate (not a complete list): -Currently pregnant -Currently seeing or planning to see a medical provider for low back or neck pain -History of chronic low back or neck pain lasting longer than 3 months -Severe back or spine curvature (example – scoliosis) -Current condition requiring a back brace -History of spine surgery -History of brain or spine cancer -Open wounds on back or neck -Current spine infectionAge Range18 and up
Official TitleBooster Seats InterviewPurpose
To explore how parents make the decision on transitioning their children from booster seats to seat belts; what factors may influence parents’ decision on the transition.Could this study be right for you?
Inclusion criteria: o At least 18 years of age o A parent or legal guardian who is responsible for transporting their child routinely o Have a child stopped using booster seats within 1 year prior to the interview date, and the child who made the transition must be the first child of the parent o Drive with a child at least once per week o In good general health o Fluent in English.Age Range20 and up
Official TitleRegistry of Deep Brain Stimulation with the VERCISE™ System: Vercise™ DBS RegistryPurpose
The purpose of this study is to record the personal experiences of those who have had Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) using the Vercise™ System, for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.Could this study be right for you?
You may be eligible if you are:
- At least 18 years of age
- Planning to receive the currently available Vercise™ System and/or any new commercially approved parts such as leads, extension, Adaptor, CP, etc. that is works with the Vercise SystemAge Range18 and up