Official TitleDecoding Social Perceptions in Naturalistic ContextsPurpose
The purpose of this study is to examine impressions on foods. This study involves looking at brain activity while you perform simple tasks (judging images of different foods).
The duration of this study will last 3 hours.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 - 35 years
- Free of MRI contradictions
- No dietary destrictions
- Normal vison
- Right handed
Official TitleAgreement within Romantic RelationshipsPurpose
The purpose of this study is to assess the agreements within romantic relationships on a variety of topics including politics, psychology and the nature of relationships.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 - 60 years
- Must have been in a heterosexual relationship for 3 months
Official TitleDetermination of the 99th Percentile Upper Reference Limit for the TroposensorSystem Using Apparently Healthy SubjectsPurpose
Clinicians use heart proteins to help them detect when there are heart problems (for example, heart attacks). Currently heart proteins can only be measured with blood work. The purpose of this research is to measure heart proteins using a non-invasive device.
The duration of this study will last one hour.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range46 - 80 years
- Participant is willing to provide a blood sample
- Participant must complete a brief eligibility survey
Official TitleImproving emergency care and outcomes of immune-related adverse events: The immune related emergency disposition index (irEDI)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to learn more about how to best care for patients who have immune-related side effects and have received treatment with an immune checkpoint inhibitor.
The duration of this study is 30 days.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 years and up
- Must speak English and/or Spanish
- Diagnosis of cancer (excluding non-melanoma skin cancer)
- Last immunotherapy received within 90 days of study enrollment
Official TitleEffect of Glucose Fluctuations on Atrial Fibrillation Burden among Patients with Diabetes Mellitus and Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation or Recent Atrial Fibrillation AblationPurpose
The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of glucose levels on atrial fibrillation episodes in people with diabetes and history of atrial fibrillation.
The duration of the study lasts 6 months.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range40 - 79 years
- Participants diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Body mass index between 25 and 45 kg/m2
- Insulin use at least 10 units per day or more than 1 glucose lowering medication with a hemoglobin A1c greater than 7%
- ICM placement
- Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat that goes back to normal after a week) or atrial fibrillation ablation (procedure to treat irregular heartbeat) within 30 days
Official TitleBUckeye Concussion Knowledge Survey (BUCKS)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to examine health outcomes in former Ohio State University athletes who played a varsity sport during their time at OSU. The objective is to determine whether athletes who sustained a concussion have different health outcomes than those who did not sustain a concussion. Any former OSU varsity athlete can participate in a 20-minute online survey.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 years and up
- Anyone who has played a varsity sport as an undergraduate student at OSU, and they have now graduated (i.e., OSU athlete alumni). There are no other restrictions in terms of age, sex/gender, type of sport, etc.
Official TitleRetirement from Contact Sports after ConcussionPurpose
The purpose of this study is to understand the experiences of children and young adults after medical retirement from contact sports due to concussion(s).
Participants and their parent(s) will complete online questionnaires (about 10 minutes) at the time of enrollment. You will then be scheduled for an interview (about 30 minutes) by video meeting or phone.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range14 - 22 years
- Children and young adults who have retired from contact sports or other high-risk activities (i.e. dirt bike riding, downhill skiing...) due to prior concussion.
- Parents may participate if their child enrolls.
Official TitleA Multicenter, Open-Label Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Effectiveness of CIN-107 for the Management of Blood Pressure in Patients with Primary AldosteronismPurpose
The purpose of this study is to see how the study drug CIN-107 works in managing blood pressure in patients with primary aldosteronism (PA), a hormone disorder which causes your body to produce too much of the hormone aldosterone.
The duration of this study is 74 weeks.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 and up
- Diagnosis of primary aldosteronism (PA)
- Taking an MRA to control BP, such as Spironolactone or Eplerenone, or not yet taking an MRA
Official TitleStudying Peer Interactions Among College StudentsPurpose
The purpose of this study will be to examine the social interactions and behaviors of college students in a virtual format across universities.Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 and up
- Must be enrolled as a student at Ohio State University (full-time or part-time) at time of study - can be undergraduate, graduate, or non-degree seeking
Official TitleThe 5000 Baby ProjectPurpose
The purpose of this study is to develop a screening tool to be used at birth to help lower the age at diagnosis of various developmental disorders.
Your infant will lie on their back in their diaper and have a video recorded of their movements. You will be given a medical history questionnaire to fill out during the recording. The visit typically lasts 15-20 minutes.Could this study be right for you?
- Any infants from birth - 6 months (corrected age if applicable)
- Parent/legal guardian present and willing to provide informed consent
- Parent/Legal guardian is English Speaking
Official TitleSafety, Tolerability, and Outcomes of Velpatasvir/SofosbuviR in Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus during Pregnancy (STORC), pregnant womanPurpose
This study involves evaluating a medication for hepatitis C in pregnant women.
If you are a pregnant woman with chronic hepatitis C and you join the study, you are consenting to enroll yourself and your baby after he/she is born.
Maternal participants will have 7 visits over approximately 7 months. Infant participants have four visits over approximately the first year of life.Could this study be right for you?
(This is not a complete list)
- Must be 18 - 45 years of age
- Chronic HCV infection of at least 6 months
- Singleton pregnancy at 20 + 0 to 30 + 0 weeks’ gestation
- Documented negative Hepatitis B testing for current infection (negative HBsAg test) prior to enrollment
- If living with HIV, must be on antiretroviral therapy
Exclusion Criteria (not a complete list)
- Plans to relocate away from the study site area in the next 16 months and unable/unwilling to return for study visits
- History of cirrhosis
- Known fetal chromosomal abnormality prior to enrollmentAge Range18 - 45
Official TitleRandomized Trial on Mobile Technology and Young Drivers' Cellphone UsePurpose
The purpose of this study is to find out if a cell phone app affects driving behavior among young drivers. This information may help us develop public health and traffic safety strategies for young drivers.
** The phone number listed under contact information is a landline only and does NOT accept texts **Could this study be right for you?
Age Range18 - 24
- 18-24 years old at the time of recruitment
- Must have full Ohio driver's license
- Must have ownership and exclusive access to a car
- Must have car insurance with at least state-minimum coverage
- Must live in the Greater Columbus Metropolitan Area
- Must drive at least 3-4 days a week on average
- Must have functioning iPhone or Android smartphone with an active phone service account (Ex: Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Must not have a physical car insurance monitoring device or app installed
- Must speak and read English