A Study for Those With Type 2 Diabetes AND Who Are Experiencing Food InsecurityOfficial TitleLinking Education, Produce Provision, and Community Referrals to Improve Diabetes Care (LINK)Purpose
The purpose of this study is to improve hemoglobin A1c levels in patients with type 2 diabetes experiencing food insecurity.
The study will examine the effects of a produce referral program alone and in combination with other interventions. Our research is designed to develop a deeper understanding of how to provide patients with type 2 diabetes that are experiencing food insecurity with the resources, skills, and education to manage their health and social needs.Could this study be right for you?
- Age 18 years and older
- Type 2 diabetes based on American Diabetes Association Criteria
- Hemoglobin A1c level > 7.5%
- Worried about running out of food before you have money to buy more
A Study of DBS-Expert system used during Deep Brain Stimulation For Parkinson's DiseaseOfficial TitleDBS-Expert: Automated Deep Brain Stimulation Programming Using Functional Mapping Phase IIPurpose
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery is FDA approved for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. The purpose of this study is to examine a technology (DBS-Expert system) that uses objective measurements to guide DBS programming. The DBS-Expert system analyzes motion data and provides recommendations to the physician or healthcare professional regarding DBS programming settings.Could this study be right for you?
You may be eligible if you:
* Over the age of 18
* Able and willing to provide informed consent
* Clinical diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson's Disease
* Implanted Boston Scientific DBS system
* You are currently participating in any study with an investigational medicinal product (IMP) or investigational device.Age Range18 and up
A Study of Esketamine Nasal Spray, Administered as Monotherapy, in Adult Participants with Treatment-resistant DepressionOfficial TitleA Study of Esketamine Nasal Spray, Administered as Monotherapy, in Adult Participants with Treatment-resistant DepressionPurpose
The purpose of this study is to see if esketamine nasal spray alone is effective as a medication to improve depressive symptoms in adults with treatment-resistant depression when compared with placebo nasal spray.
The duration of the study consists up to a maximum of 24 weeks.Could this study be right for you?
• Aged 18 years or older
• Must have had no response (less than 25% improvement) to at least 2 oral antidepressant treatments in the current episode of depressionAge Range18 and up
A Study of Milestones to Advance Language LearningOfficial TitleSMALL Talk: Study of Milestones to Advance Language LearningPurpose
The goal of this study is to identify early risk for developmental language disorder (DLD) among young, low-income children, and to determine how caregiver and child chronic stress and interaction quality interact to disrupt language growth among these children. The long-term objective is to identify pathways through which early family situations and the conditions of poverty disrupt early language paths among low-income children and contribute to heightened rates of DLD.Could this study be right for you?
Inclusion criteria are: - have a child that is 9 months or younger - child resides in a low-income household, using some sort of government assistance or using the 200% threshold from the Department of Health and Human Services based on annual household income and number of persons in home Exclusion criteria: - Children who are multiple births, preterm (<35 weeks), and have profound or severe disabilities will be excluded, with the latter including congenital blindness, deafness, Down syndrome and other frank neurological deficits.
A Study of Mobile Health (mHealth), Breast Disease, and Lifestyle ModificationOfficial TitleMobile Health (mHealth), Breast Disease, and Lifestyle Modification: Developing a Grounded TheoryPurpose
The purpose of this study is to understand breast cancer survivors use of mobile health (mHealth) apps for lifestyle behavior change - eating a healthier diet, exercising more, dealing with stress, & stopping smoking. Interviews will last approximately 60 - 90 minutes.Could this study be right for you?
- You have a diagnosis of breast disease or are a breast cancer survivor.
- You are age 18 or older
- You are a femaleAge Range18 and up
A study on language impairment following a strokeOfficial TitleLaying the Groundwork for Personalized Medicine in Aphasia Therapy: Genetic and Cognitive Predictors of Restorative Treatment ResponsePurpose
This NIH-funded project will investigate patient-specific factors that may influence response to therapy for language impairment after stroke, or aphasia. Results from this work will assist with better estimation of prognosis for stroke survivors with aphasia, which could empower patients and families to make more informed health care decisions about how to pursue the most appropriate rehabilitation services based on their unique characteristics, such as genetics, cognitive skills, and brain structure after stroke.Could this study be right for you?
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Native English speaker
- Able to have an MRI
- Had only one stroke (in the left hemisphere of the brain)Age Range18 and up
A Study on the Role of Spirituality and Faith during Cancer TreatmentOfficial TitlePatient perceptions about the role of spirituality and faith during cancer treatmentPurpose
The purpose of the current study is to characterize the perspectives of cancer patients who have undergone a cancer-directed surgery on the role of spirituality and/or religion during their cancer journey in order to better define the desired access to related resources during cancer care. Results from this study will inform future research aimed at addressing patient-centered spirituality/faith needs of cancer patients.Could this study be right for you?
If you’ve had or will have surgery to treat a cancer diagnosis, you can help researchers at Ohio State examine how patient spirituality and/or religion influences the cancer journey by taking an online survey.
Participants should be:
• Over 18 years old.
• Diagnosed with cancer (all types).
• At least four months past the initial cancer diagnosis.
• Underwent or will receive a surgical procedure related to their cancer
• Able read and write in the English language.Age Range18 and up
A Study on Where a Pitched Ball Will ArriveOfficial TitleThreshold Values of Cues to Predict the Vertical Height of Approaching ObjectsPurpose
The ability to predict where a moving target will arrive is important in sports and activities such as driving. The purpose of this study is to better understand how we use our vision to make these decisions. The study might help us to develop training exercises to improve these predictions. The study will require one session that will last approximately one hour.
A pitching machine will be used to pitch tennis balls toward you. You will be asked to judge the height of those pitched balls as they arrive. You will be wearing special shutter glasses that will block your vision at different times after the ball leaves the pitching machine. Nets will be in place so that no ball is able to hit you.
The study requires one visit and will last approximately one hour.Could this study be right for you?
- You must have played organized baseball or softball at the high school level or above within the past 10 years
- Must have good vision in both eyes (20/20) with or without glasses or contact lenses
- Participants must have good depth perception and good eye alignment - no lazy eye or crossed or turned eyes
- Must be 18 - 40 years of ageAge Range18 and up
A Study to Assess the Removal of Filter Ventilation on Smoking Behavior and Biomarkers (COMET2)Official TitleClinical trial to assess the removal of filter ventilation on smoking behavior and biomarkers (COMET2)Purpose
Smokers are wanted for an Ohio State University study that provides cigarettes with different filters and that may provide access to other tobacco or nicotine products.Could this study be right for you?
- You must be a smoker
- At least 21 years of ageAge Range21 and up
A study to assess the safety and efficacy of IV ganaxolone as an additional treatment for status epilepticus (RESET Study)Official TitleA study to optimize the dosing regimen and assess safety and efficacy of IV ganaxolone as adjuvant therapy for established status epilepticusPurpose
The purpose of the RESET study is to determine the safety and effectiveness of ganaxolone (an investigational medicine) when administered in addition to current medicines used to treat prolonged seizures.Could this study be right for you?
Inclusion Criteria (not a complete list): - Males or females of at least 18 years of age - You must have received benzodiazepines before or after arrival to the Emergency Department for generalized convulsive seizures lasting > 5 minutes Exclusion Criteria (not a complete list): - Intubated or "to be" intubated - A known allergy or sensitivity to progesterone or allopregnanolone medications/supplements - Status Epilepticus is due to acute anoxic brain injury, cardiac arrest, acute trauma, hyper-/hypo- glycemia - Known or suspected pregnancyAge Range18 and up
A Study to Compare Medications in Patients with Advanced Parkinson's DiseaseOfficial TitleA Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Active-Controlled Study Comparing the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of ABBV-951 to Oral Carbidopa/Levodopa in Advanced Parkinson's Disease PatientsPurpose
The purpose of this study is to find out how well ABBV-951 works to control Parkinson's disease symptoms compared to oral Carbidopa (CD)/Levodopa (LD). The study is also seeking to test whether ABBV-951 is well tolerated in patients with Parkinson's disease.Could this study be right for you?
1. Male or female, age 30 or older
2. Has not received deep brain stimulation, Carbidopa (CD)/Levodopa (LD) enteral suspension, or any other Parkinson's Disease (PD) medication as continuous daily infusion
3. Subject does not have a history of significant skin conditions or disorders
4. Subject does not have a recent (within 6 months before screening) history of drug or alcohol abuse
5) Subject does not have a history or presence of psychotic episodes
6) Subject does not have other clinically significant unstable medical conditions
7) Subject must have a diagnosis of levodopa-responsive idiopathic PD
* other eligibility criteria to be discussed/reviewed with the study teamAge Range30 and up
A Study to Evaluate a Medication Used in Treating Hand-Foot Skin Reaction (HFSR) in Cancer Patients (NOVA-II)Official TitleA Study to Investigate OQL011 on VEGFR Inhibitor-Associated Hand-Foot Skin Reaction in Cancer Patients (NOVA-II)Purpose
Hand-Foot Skin Reaction (HFSR) is a common adverse event induced by Vascular Endothelial Growth Receptor Inhibitor (VEGFRi) treatment in cancer patients. The main purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of OQL011 compared to vehicle ointment in treating patients with moderate to severe VEGFRi-associated HFSR. This study will also identify an optimal dosage for Phase III study and explore the pharmacokinetics profile of OQL011 in HFSR patients.Could this study be right for you?
- Patient must be age 18 years of age or older. - Patient must have a confirmed cancer diagnosis for which VEGFRi treatment is indicated, and must be currently under VEGFRi-based anti-cancer therapy with stable dosage for ≥ 1 week. - Patient on pain medications is allowed provided they have been on stable dosage in the past 1 week and is going to continue at the same dosage.Age Range18 and up